Monday, April 8, 2013

My First Published Short Story

So, last night I was sitting in a restaurant eating dinner with my wife and three kids. I checked my Gmail account while we waited for our food (I ordered a balsamic chicken wrap because I am on my third week of Insanity and I had visions of Shaun T. kicking my ass), and low and behold there was a message from John Raab (CEO of Suspense Magazine). Now normally when I receive an e-mail from Suspense Magazine it's to tell me about the upcoming issue, but this one was from Mr. Raab himself. I opened it and it said something about contributors copies. What!? I opened the attachment and there was my name Spell by Sean Hunter. Whoop! Whoop! It also took 3rd place in their 2012 Armstrong Short Story Contest. I submitted the story on October 19, 2012 and received notification on April 7, 2013. Bottom-line, PATIENCE.

I am so happy because it was so unexpected. Truth be told, I was ready to write this one off in my 2012 copy of Writers Market as a "No Response." Ha! If you are interested in reading the story, please check out www.suspensemagazine.com or the link below. My story is on page 47. As always, thanks for reading.

www.suspensemagazine.com/April2013Issue.html

No comments:

Post a Comment